Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
I, like many of you I’m sure, get bombarded with marketing offers from banks, credit card companies and others. They come
This is one I rank right up there with the balance transfer checks I constantly get in the (physical) mail.
Save 10% when you use your ThankYou points on merchandise!
Yup that’s right – act now! For a limited time, you can save 10% when you use your ThankYou points
But that’s right – you need to act quickly because on August 18th this limited time offer will be over!!!! 😀 This was such an amazing deal that Citibank send me TWO emails on the subject!
What merchandise can you get?
In the interest of science, I thought I’d check what kind of “deals” you could get
- Nikon Coolpix B500 camera regularly 32,490 points now only 29,240 points! (Or get it for $256.95 at Amazon, 0.87 cents per point)
- Sunbrite Veranda 43″ TV regularly 187,490 points now only 168,740 points! (Again, $1499 at Amazon, 0.88 cpp)
- Pandemic: State of Emergency, which is an awesome board game and now only 3730 points ($31.99 at Amazon, 0.86 cpp)
- Tabasco Bloody Mary Mix regularly 970 points now only 870 points (yes, you can really redeem ThankYou points for this and no, you should not – retail price $7.70)
- M&M Plush Pillow, retail price $16.99, regularly 2120 points, now only 1910 points
Are you noticing a pattern here?
Needless to say, please do not do this. I know ThankYou points took a bit of a devaluation lately, what with no more 3x on Plastiq with the AT&T Access More card and no more 1.6 cents / point redemption on the Citi Prestige but there are still WAY better ways to spend your ThankYou points!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them