I, like many of you I’m sure, get bombarded with marketing offers from banks, credit card companies and others. They come
This is one I rank right up there with the balance transfer checks I constantly get in the (physical) mail.
Save 10% when you use your ThankYou points on merchandise!
Yup that’s right – act now! For a limited time, you can save 10% when you use your ThankYou points
But that’s right – you need to act quickly because on August 18th this limited time offer will be over!!!! 😀 This was such an amazing deal that Citibank send me TWO emails on the subject!
What merchandise can you get?
In the interest of science, I thought I’d check what kind of “deals” you could get
- Nikon Coolpix B500 camera regularly 32,490 points now only 29,240 points! (Or get it for $256.95 at Amazon, 0.87 cents per point)
- Sunbrite Veranda 43″ TV regularly 187,490 points now only 168,740 points! (Again, $1499 at Amazon, 0.88 cpp)
- Pandemic: State of Emergency, which is an awesome board game and now only 3730 points ($31.99 at Amazon, 0.86 cpp)
- Tabasco Bloody Mary Mix regularly 970 points now only 870 points (yes, you can really redeem ThankYou points for this and no, you should not – retail price $7.70)
- M&M Plush Pillow, retail price $16.99, regularly 2120 points, now only 1910 points
Are you noticing a pattern here?
Needless to say, please do not do this. I know ThankYou points took a bit of a devaluation lately, what with no more 3x on Plastiq with the AT&T Access More card and no more 1.6 cents / point redemption on the Citi Prestige but there are still WAY better ways to spend your ThankYou points!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them