Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I, like many of you I’m sure, get bombarded with marketing offers from banks, credit card companies and others. They come
This is one I rank right up there with the balance transfer checks I constantly get in the (physical) mail.
Save 10% when you use your ThankYou points on merchandise!
Yup that’s right – act now! For a limited time, you can save 10% when you use your ThankYou points
But that’s right – you need to act quickly because on August 18th this limited time offer will be over!!!! 😀 This was such an amazing deal that Citibank send me TWO emails on the subject!
What merchandise can you get?
In the interest of science, I thought I’d check what kind of “deals” you could get
- Nikon Coolpix B500 camera regularly 32,490 points now only 29,240 points! (Or get it for $256.95 at Amazon, 0.87 cents per point)
- Sunbrite Veranda 43″ TV regularly 187,490 points now only 168,740 points! (Again, $1499 at Amazon, 0.88 cpp)
- Pandemic: State of Emergency, which is an awesome board game and now only 3730 points ($31.99 at Amazon, 0.86 cpp)
- Tabasco Bloody Mary Mix regularly 970 points now only 870 points (yes, you can really redeem ThankYou points for this and no, you should not – retail price $7.70)
- M&M Plush Pillow, retail price $16.99, regularly 2120 points, now only 1910 points
Are you noticing a pattern here?
Needless to say, please do not do this. I know ThankYou points took a bit of a devaluation lately, what with no more 3x on Plastiq with the AT&T Access More card and no more 1.6 cents / point redemption on the Citi Prestige but there are still WAY better ways to spend your ThankYou points!