Like many women, I love shopping (well I do have 3 girls to shop for)! I love it even more if there is a deal! I always try my hardest to maximize all the Amex offers and Visa Checkout deals I can find along with any discount codes that stores offer. Yes, it often requires extra steps (such as buying gift cards first to trigger Amex offer), but I feel the saving is worth the extra few minutes spent online.
[How to make money with Amex Sync offers]
I did most of my holiday shopping online this year during Black Friday and Cyber Monday while my family was vacationing in Hawaii. This year, I combined six Amex offers for Best Buy, a $20 Visa checkout discount, along with $30 Best Buy bucks that I earned, to purchase a new MacBook Air, two Beats and two Sony wireless headsets. I saved well over $200 on top of Best Buy’s sales price. I also used the Staples offer to purchase Macy’s and Nordstrom gift cards before I bought stuff directly from the department stores.
If you are among the thousands last-minute shoppers, be sure to check if you can save some money by using the following Amex Offers that will expire on or before December 31: Some of these may be targeted, and some may have reached their capacity by now, but it makes sense to check your Amex accounts.
[How to sync multiple Amex Offers]
- BestBuy – $25 statement credit on $250 purchase (physical gift card works);
- Newegg.com – $25 back on $200 purchase (Newegg sells gift cards!);
- Staples.com – $20 back on $100 purchase (non-staples eGift cards works!);
- Office Depot – $20 back on $100 purchase;
- Bloomingdales – $30 back on $150 purchase (expires 12/30);
- JCPenney & Sears – $10 back on $50 purchase;
- The Body Shop – $10 back on $40 purchase (expires 12/24);
- Levis – $25 back on $125 purchase (expires 12/25);
- J Crew – $25 back on $125 purchase (expires 12/26);
- Sunglass Hut – $50 back on $200 purchase;
- Under Armour – $20 back on $100 purchase;
- Harry & David – $20 back on $75 purchase;
- Cole Haan – $50 back on $200 purchase;
- Samsonite – $40 back on $200 purchase;
- Hilton Hotel & Resort – $50 on $200 purchase.
It is also always a good idea to double check the terms of the offers online before you make the purchases. Sometimes all gift cards are excluded, some times just e-gift cards are excludes, and sometimes everything should work.
Are you able to benefit from the Amex Offers this holiday season?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Does Hilton sell gift cards?
Not that I know of.
You are missing GNC and Lowes above?
Oh my card wasn’t targeted so I missed both.. Thanks for pointing out.