Amex Sync offers are a great way to make a few extra dollars for each of your American Express accounts. Periodically, American Express has “Amex Offers”, which give you a statement credit for purchases at specific merchants
Many times these might be for purchases that you were already planning on making, or in some cases it’s just “free money” (see Hulu purchase above). Another sometimes lucrative way to use Amex Offers is to buy gift cards for the merchant and resell them. With the statement credit, you can often sell the gift card for more than it cost you.
Typically each American Express card you have (including authorized users) is eligible for Amex Offers, though not all offers are targeted to each card. Adding another Amex card for Amex Offers was one reason I applied for the BBVA Compass NBA card the other day.
Like I said before, not all Amex Offers are targeted to every account, but oftentimes they are. But American Express is smart enough to know that if you add the offer to one of your cards, it removes it from all of your other cards.
Take the Hulu offer mentioned above. If I look individually at each of my cards in my “My Account” page, I see the same Hulu offer. But if I add it to one of my cards, it removes it from the other cards!
So here’s how I load it to my card.
- First log on to my American Express account
- Then copy the URL in the browser address bar
- Open up multiple tabs of the browser, and open up the Amex My Account page in EACH tab
- IMPORTANT: On each of the new tabs, switch to a different card AND expand the Amex Offers & Benefits section so that you can SEE the offer you’re loading on each tab, for each of your cards
- Once you can see the offer for each of your cards on each tab, you can go ahead and load it to your card. You don’t need to worry about clicking the “Add to Card” button at the same time or anything
I know it’s really simple, and many of you probably know this already, but just in case it can help some folks, I thought I’d share it.
Syncing Amex offers via Twitter
Many Amex offers can also be added to your accounts via Twitter, and I know that many people use Twitter to automatically add Amex Offers to their different accounts. This is not something that I personally do (I know… I know… I need to set it up), but it’s important to know how to do it via the website as well because there are some offers that are not syncable via Twitter
For more information on how to use Twitter to automatically sync up all your Amex accounts, see this Miles to Memories post.
I hope this is helpful in letting you know how to sync Amex Offers to multiple accounts. If you’ve got other tricks, let me know in the comments.