Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Today’s daily getaway is a discounted 6 night package at one the two Fairmont resorts in Hawaii. The offer is advertised as “almost 40% off” (actually only 36.1% off), but it still requires you to be willing to drop $2,178 on the “deal”! Obviously not a deal for everyone.
The offer is distributed as 6 Ovation Rewards certificates that are each redeemable for a night at one of the two properties. This makes me think you could break up the trip and stay a few nights at both. Breakfast is included as part of the certificate.
Terms and conditions
- Each certificate is valid for one (1) night in a standard room (at The Fairmont Orchid) or one (1) night in a standard suite type room (at The Fairmont Kea Lani). Single/double occupancy.
- Certificate includes breakfast for two (2) each morning in the hotel’s all-day dining restaurant. Breakfast excludes alcoholic beverages.
- Certificate covers room and tax, as well as tax and gratuities of included breakfasts. Additional expenses and incidentals are the responsibility of the guest.
- Limited blackout dates may apply.
- There is no expiration date for this certificate.
It looks like the offer may be slightly better redeemed at the Fairmont Kea Lani since you receive a “suite type room”. But it is all all-suites hotel. I’m not really familiar with either property. A plus: the certificates never expire.
This offer is extremely limited, with a total of only 10 packages being sold. Obviously dropping over $2,000 on a Hawaii vacation runs against the grain of miles and points enthusiasts and doesn’t really represent a huge savings when there are lots of other great properties in Hawaii.
Like all other daily getaways, the packages become available at 1 p.m. eastern.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them