A few months ago, I posted about IHG’s latest quarterly promotion – IHG Accelerate. As has been the pattern for the past few quarters, IHG Accelerate gives each account a series of “tasks” to complete. These can range from the simple (stay one time) to the insane (15+ stays if not more). The easier tasks seem to be targeted to occasional IHG travelers.
I originally wasn’t planning on completing the promotion, but then took a second look and saw that I could complete my tasks with only 2 Holiday Inn stays
(SEE ALSO: Rethinking my IHG Accelerate promotion offers)
I had a paid stay coming up for when I attended the Family Travel for Real Life conference in Washington DC, and ended up at the Holiday Inn Washington Dulles Intl Airport for my first stay.
For my last stay, I stayed at the Holiday Inn North Phoenix as part of my Nevada / California / Arizona trip. I could have used an award stay (I did for my other 2 stays during that trip), but the rate was pretty cheap ($74) so it seemed like a good opportunity to pick up my 2nd needed stay.
IHG Accelerate offers complete!
Originally I was having trouble with my offers seemingly not registering, but now as you can see below, logging in to my IHG Accelerate dashboard shows that I have completed 4 of my 5 offers and I’ve gotten all my points (at least all the ones I’m planning to get!)
I do not plan to stay 3 additional times to get the remaining 10,000 points
IHG Accelerate cost breakdown
So now that the IHG Accelerate promotion is over (for me), let’s break things down
Room Costs (including taxes):
- Holiday Inn Washington Dulles Intl Airport (my review) – $94.92
- Holiday Inn North Phoenix (part of my Nevada / California / Arizona trip) – $90.57
Total costs: $185.49
- 2,260 points from my Washington Stay
- 840 points from the $84 base rate
- 420 points as my 50% Platinum amenity
- 1,000 points from purchasing a “Points package” (an extra $5 or $10 – it was one of my IHG Accelerate tasks)
- 500 points as my IHG Platinum welcome amenity in Washington
- 475 points from the 5x credit card spend
- 1,000 points for “Stay Once“
- 3,000 points for “Earn more, Faster“
- 1,170 points from my Phoenix stay
- 780 points from the $78 base rate
- 390 points from my 50%
- 500 points from my IHG Platinum welcome amenity in Phoenix (it actually looks like I got this twice for this stay on the 11th plus my award stay on the 10th)
- 455 points from the 5x credit card spend for the Phoenix stay (hasn’t posted yet but it will)
- 2,300 points from “Spend on your IHG Credit Card” which for some reason shows up as “AMER Club Credit Card” on my statement
- 12,000 from “Change your View”
- 21,500 points from my Accelerate Achievement Bonus
Total – 45,160 points received for a cash outlay of $185.49, meaning I generated an IHG point for 0.41 cents which is a pretty good value (especially since these were actual stays I needed to make)
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.