Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The fare sale to St. Maartens we mentioned earlier in the week is still ongoing from New York and Miami, but why wait until you hit the beach or your hotel for a little luxury? American Airlines currently is discounting business class seating (similar to domestic first class) on flights to multiple islands by $200 – $400, leading several competitors to match at some destinations. Of special note: these fares extend into summer dates, meaning you can fly in style for less during high season.
From New York
- St. Maartin from $770 on COPA; $786 on AA
- Antigua from $767 on AA
- Grenada from $791 on AA
- Barbados from $862 on AA March only; June 1-8 only in JetBlue Mint
- St. Maarten from $750 on Copa; $786 on AA
- Antigua from $782 on AA
- Barbados from $914 on AA; $978 JetBue Mint & COPA on select dates
- Grenada from $975, primarily June
- St. Maarten from $859 on AA, full schedule through December
- Turks and Caicos from $867 on AA, full schedule through December; $898 on Delta select dates
These are two-class domestic fares with AA, meaning wider seats with more legroom, priority boarding, enhanced meal service, and checked bags. Passengers on COPA will also enjoy access to the Untied Club in their departure city, and the COPA Club lounge in Panama City. JetBlue customers don’t receive lounge access but do have lie-flat seats in Mint business, and the option to book fully enclosed suites. When searching, look for business class on Google flights or OTAs to see applicable pricing This is a solid deal during high season and there’s no guarantee these prices will stay for long, particularly those from competing airlines, so book early.
- Departure: BPS
- Stops: CLT
- Arrival: SMX
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- Varies by route and airline; see post for details
- Stay requirement varies by route. Generally 4 & 7 days
Where to Stay
- Atrium Resort & Spa on St. Maarten
- Barbados’ Infinity on the Beach
- Galley Bay Resort & Spa on Antigua
- True Blue Bay Resort on Grenada
Things to Do
- St. Maarten’s Maho Beach for plane spotting
- Darkwood Beach on Antigua
- Barbados’ Carlisle Bay
- Grenada’s Underwater Sculptures
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them