Here’s some news and notes from around the travel world that you might be interested in:
- The Anti Travel Guides share some ideas on how to get great views / pictures without paying what they call the “tourist tax”
- By now, you’ve probably heard about the Germanwings plane that crashed last week in the French Alps en route from Barcelona to Dusseldorf. Mommy Points shared a sobering account of leaving the Barcelona airport (on a different flight) within minutes of 4U9525
- Point me to the Plane told us about United’s policy of providing a hotel room to some passengers who arrive at an airport where United does not have a separate arrivals lounge. Here is Part 1 and Part 2. This is definitely something that I am going to have to check in to as we plan our
- Out and Out shared an update on how things are going for him subletting a NYC apartment via airbnb.
- Via LaramieLive.com – did you know that there are only 2 escalators in the entire state of Wyoming?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them