I got an email today from Orbitz where they are offering 18% off select hotels today (Monday June 12th) only for 4 hours, starting at 5pm Central time (6pm Eastern). There are 2 different promo codes that have offers
- FLASHSALE – Minimum stay: none. Book by June 12, 2017 at 8:59PM CT, travel by September 30, 2017
- JETSETTER – Minimum stay: none. Book by June 30, 2017, travel by December 31, 2017
So the better promo code (for 18% off instead of 15% off) is only for 4 hours (from 6PM – 10PM Eastern time) and you must travel by September 30th
Terms and Conditions of the Orbitz Flash Sale
The Terms and Conditions on the promotion page state (among other fine print; emphasis mine)
- The 18% promotion code may be applied to a qualifying stand-alone hotel (not a hotel booking in combination with any other product such as flight + hotel, or flight +hotel + car) booked online with orbitz.com between June 12, 2017 5:01PM CT and June 12, 2017 8:59PM CT,
- for 1 or more nights for travel between June 12, 2017, and September 30, 2017.
- Qualifying bookings instantly receive 18% off at check-out through the use of the promotion code.
- Customers are limited to two redemptions of this promotion code and up to a maximum savings of $150 per booking.
- After those two bookings, this promo code will not be able to be used again, even if one or more of those bookings is cancelled. Exclusions may apply and most major hotel chains are excluded
I know the T&Cs state that “most major hotel chains are excluded” but it might be worth checking
I checked a Hyatt Centric hotel in Chicago and used promo code JETSETTER (since the other one will not go live till later today) and it took the 15% off with no problem
Give it a whirl and see how it goes! Again, apologies for my email newsletter readers who won’t see this till tomorrow (Tuesday)! You do still have the 15% off option
Were you able to book any deals with this Orbitz Flash Sale? Leave a note in the comments
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
For some reason my emails from you do not come in until the following morning. This email came in at 5:04 AM on June 13th. For this reason I miss any limited time flash sales because by the time I open the email, the sale is over. Any hint on why mine are delayed?