Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- I’ve often been on a plane with a delayed departure and heard the pilot mention how he is going to “make up time” in the air. I’ve always wondered about that since if there was a way to make the plane go faster, WHY WOULDN’T THEY JUST DO THAT ALL THE TIME!!!! :-D. So I enjoyed this article over at FiveThirtyEight about the circumstances where that seems likely to happen.
- You can get 1000 bonus miles at United by spending $250 through the Mileage Plus portal, through 6/3
- Ever wondered what is appropriate private jet etiquette?
- I am a big fan of Rome2Rio for figuring out ways to travel between different places – it was one of my top 10 miles and points tools. Here’s an inside look on how the company started.
- Check to see if you’re targeted for any promotions for spending money on flights at United. Mine were fairly underwhelming.
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Facebook
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: (Probably targeted) 75,000 point signup bonus for Chase Sapphire Preferred
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them