Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- I was featured recently on 2 lists of dubious value – the 81 top travel hackers of 2017 and 60 of the best travel blogs to follow.
- Of course the recent aviation news has been the removal of 4 passengers from United flight 3341. Ian wrote his take on things (which I generally agreed with) and it’s so talked about that there have even been a series of MEMES about the incident. I enjoyed this take on things from an airline pilot’s wife – I Know You’re Mad at United but… (Thoughts from a Pilot Wife About Flight 3411)
- Remember the story a year ago about the guy who had bought his girlfriend a round the world trip and then got dumped? So he searched for someone with the same name to travel with him? A year later, Elizabeth Gallagher has no regrets about taking that trip
- The Deal Mommy is always a good read – here’s don’t make this rental car mistake AKA the time I nearly killed my kid
- I recently was checking out the (fairly new) site / app called CultureTrip. They have content in 11 different “culture” categories (food/drink, literature, music, books, etc) across several different cities in the world. I checked out my hometown of Cincinnati (a nice middle of the road city) and they had 32 articles so their breadth seems pretty solid. Has anybody used them before? Might be worth checking out
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Flight attendants asked: Would you rather work in the economy, business or first class cabin of the plane?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them