Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Reader Jordan writes in to say:
Overall, we want to go somewhere new and exciting. Preferably, we’d like a trip to China with an extra stopover or two, maybe to Hawaii. The whole thing could be around 10 days and it will be just my wife and I. I’d like to have at least one leg be in first or business class, just for the experience, but it isn’t absolutely necessary. We’d obviously like to use as few points as possible. We’re thinking we’d like to travel early next year (2016) but we’re flexible on that.
Here’s our point balances
- Citi Thank You Points = 50,000
- Amex Membership Rewards = 251,000
- Aadvantage miles = 321,000
- United miles = 57,000
- Delta Skymiles = 50,000
- BA Avios = 58,000
- We also have $600 in AA gift cards and two U.S. Airways companion certificates.
What we’re looking for:
– Either an “around the world” trip or a trip with some stopovers. Leaving from the Washington DC area
– Should include 1 or 2 stops in China.
– Should include another stopover somewhere exotic like Fiji or Hawaii.
– Any other locations are a bonus. But know that we prefer culture and nature to luxury and pampering.
– Approximately a 10 day trip. Two passengers
– Would like at least one leg to be first class or business.
– Use as little cash as possible. Maximize point value.
Okay then…. we can work with this, right?
Gift card giveaway!
Here’s the plan for an Amazon gift card giveaway. We will give one $10 Amazon gift card away to anyone that leaves any comment on this post. You can also earn additional entries as indicated by the below app.
We will also give a SECOND $10 Amazon gift card away to the person who gives the best itinerary for the dream trip for Jordan and his wife. You don’t have to check actual award availability – just give a basic outline of the itinerary.
Your entry (left in the comments) might look something like this:
- 35,000 United miles per person Washington DC (IAD) to Beijing (PEK) in economy on United Airlines
- 25,000 American miles in economy from Beijing to Fiji (NAN)
- 37,500 American miles in economy from Fiji to Washington DC via Los Angeles
Now that would be a pretty weak entry IMO but I don’t want to give away ALL the good ideas! Make it as detailed as you’d like – remember Jordan will be voting on your comments!
You’ll definitely want to use the Mile Matrix app to help with figuring out the miles requirements for various regions. Plus, visiting the Mile Matrix page gets you an additional entry into the contest!
The contest runs through next Wednesday June 2nd.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them