Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
This has been a crazy week. As a “featured blogger” on Boarding Area this week, I have tried to post more often to take advantage of the increased readers. I hope that you’ve enjoyed the week – I’ve had fun, but I might go take a nap this afternoon 😀
- Renting a car for the cheapest amount can be a tricky situation – here’s Why you’re foolish to rent a “standard” car. Personally, I like to use Autoslash, #2 on my list of Top 10 miles and points tools to be able to do that.
- One of the best ways to get miles and points easy is through credit card signup bonuses. For me, it was time to apply for some more cards – here are my August 2015 credit card signup results
- Part of my signup involved trying to see if I could apply for 2 Alaska Airlines cards at the same time – see My problems trying to apply for multiple Alaska Airlines cards
- I often get people emailing me with questions about how to get started with miles and points. What I always say is to Begin with the end in mind: a beginner’s primer to miles and points. It’s part of my Beginner’s Guide (which you should also read!)
- Reader Beth writes in only 100 points short of a Southwest award redemption and wants to know how to get Southwest points, FAST!
- Planning a Minnesota / Wisconsin / Manitoba / North Dakota / Ontario county trip – this weekend I took a roadtrip up to the northern part of the United States, as part of my goal to visit all 3,143 counties in the United States.
- While on that roadtrip, we came up with Roadtrip Rule #1: If you see a giant living creature, you better stop!!
Miles, Points and credit cards
- Starwood / SPG adding Korean Air as a new transfer partner, and earn 2000 SPG points
- Some people (including me) have received notice of a free night from Club Carlson – it appears that Club Carlson free night e-certs are now here!
- A reader writes in to ask: When do Amtrak points expire?
- While I appreciate the support if you apply for a credit card through my links, I only like it if that is for the BEST available offer! Please don’t apply for an Alaska credit card with my link
- Earn up to 2000 Southwest Rapid Rewards by referring friends
- MAJOR terms change on Top Cashback Amex gift card orders – this was a major bummer as Top Cashback (and soon after, the other portals) reduced the amount of cashback they paid out for Amex gift cards – limiting it to only denominations of $200 or lower.
- Can I transfer Delta miles? How much does it cost?
- Reader question: Redbird debit card loads over?
If you’re still up for more travel reader, here’s last week’s recap: Posts with a Crew: why I didn’t spend $9,144.92, how I got us 16 hours in Rome for free, the Top 10 miles and points tools and more!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them