Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Alaska Airlines has an interesting deal on one particular route: $417 between San Francisco and Kansas City’s MCI airport in domestic first class. This price is good when originating in either direction, but it gets even better. On August 14 only, MCI – SFO is $357 round trip for 6+ day stays, which is about $120 more than the basic economy price offered by United (which, notably, doesn’t even include a carry-on). That’s a fantastic price for a late summer getaway to the Bay! The $417 fare is available on various days, including Friday departures, from September through next March.
As noted, this is domestic first class on Alaska, so 2 checked bags are included as well as carry-on and a meal of some sort. These are Embraer 175s, which means first class has a single seat on the left side (the “A” aisle). These fares book into fare class I, which posts 175% of flown miles on AS, so that’s a nice stack of about 5200 miles as well. I would not expect the $357 flight to last long at all, and I am not sure the $417 price will stick around either, so act fast if these flights work for you.
- Departure: Kansas City
- Stops: None
- Arrival: Kansas City
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination. Search for Business Class on Google Flights, and First Class on Orbitz.
- September 12019 through March 2020
- 6-day stay required
Where to Stay in San Francisco or Kansas City
- Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
- DoubleTree by Hilton Berkely Marina
- Fairfield Inn Kansas Inn/Union Hill
- Holiday Inn Downtown Kansas City
(SEE ALSO: Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport Review)
(SEE ALSO: Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport review)
Things to Do
- Alcatraz Island
- Golden Gate Bridge
- California Academy of Sciences
- National WWI Museum & Memorial in Kansas City
- Kansas City’s Arabia Steamboat Museum
Good luck and happy flying!