Flights across the Pacific are always long but they don’t have to be uncomfortable. Singapore Airlines is offering a great price for their new Premium Economy cabin: $888 from San Francisco to Hong Kong. Considering that discount economy flights cost ~$550 during the same period, this price can’t be beat. This is a direct flight of about 14 hours; there is no stopover in Singapore on this “5th Freedom” route. That makes this an even better deal. The discounted price is available for mid-week travel from late August through September, with a few scattered dates in October and November.
Singapore’s PE seats are in a 2-4-2 layout, with 38″ of pitch between you and the seat in front, and are 19″ wide. That’s a much more comfortable trip than the typical 31″ main cabin pitch and ~17″ seats, and PE also includes 2 checked bags as well as carry-on. The fare also includes “book the cook” options for pre-ordering meals before the flight. This fare has actually been around for about 5 days, and dates at this price have been slowly closing off, so I expect it to last only a little while longer.
- Departure: SFO
- Stops: None
- Arrival: HKG
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- Late August – September, 2019 midweek departures
- 6-day stay required
Where to Stay in Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Express Causeway Bay Hong Kong
- Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok (SEE ALSO: Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok Review)
Things to Do in Hong Kong
Good luck and happy flying!