Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Valentine’s Day is coming up and with it, we are starting to see promotions pop up for extra bonus miles. Right now, if you go through the United MileagePlus Shopping site and spend $200 or more, you will earn 500 bonus award miles. United has over 900 shopping partners including Target, Walmart, Apple, and Sam’s Club so you can even use this promotion on everyday purchases.
What You Need to Know
- Purchases must be made between 1/29/18 and 2/11/18 at 11:59:59 pm ET
- One-time 500 mile bonus on member’s cumulative orders of $200 or more before shipping or tax
- Bonus is in addition to any retailer specific offer
- Gift cards or other cash equivalent purchases don’t qualify
- Allow 8-10 weeks after the end of the promotion for bonus award miles to post to your account
- You must click through to the store website using the link on the United MileagePlus Shopping site in order to get credit for your purchase
- See full promotion page here
Earn Extra Miles With These Retailers
There are even a few retailers who are giving out extra miles per dollar spent over what is usually offered. These are just a few that caught my eye:
- The Body Shop – 12 miles per dollar (regularly 2 per dollar)
- Oakley – 10 miles per dollar (regularly 2 per dollar)
- Bloomingdales – 2 miles per dollar (regularly .5 per dollar)
Promotions like these are one of the best ways to earn miles without flying. It’s even better if you can figure out a way to add value to the purchases you are already making.
Where will you shop to take advantage of this promotion?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them