Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Below are details of the Marriott 25% discount on buying points promotion, which runs through December 20th (Tuesday):
- Transactions must be completed between 9:00 a.m. ET November 2, 2022, and 11:59 p.m. ET December 20, 2022, to be eligible for the 25% discount
- Points purchase offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points.
- Purchased points do not count towards Marriott Bonvoy Elite status.
- A member may purchase or receive as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 100,000 points during the promotional period only. Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2019 are included in the 100,000 points limit.
- Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000.
- I may receive a commission if you purchase points through my link
Normally, Marriott points cost $12.50 to purchase 1,000 points (tax included), for a purchase price of 1.25 cent per point. That might seem cheap, but remember, Marriott points are only worth about 0.7 – 0.8 cents each, so at the normal rate, you’re paying a premium on the value. At the normal rate, it doesn’t make sense to buy Marriott Bonvoy points.
What about with the 25% off sale? This time the bonus is tiered –
- Buy fewer than 2,000 points – no bonus
- Buy 2,000 – 100,000 points – get 25% off
If you buy the full 100,000 points, it will cost you $937.50 with the 30% discount, which brings the purchase price to 0.94 cents per point, which is closer to the normal redemption value, but still slightly higher.
While I’m generally against buying points speculatively, if you need some points for your next redemption, it could be worth topping up your account.
If you do that, I recommend buying at least 2,000 points so you get a discount. You can find the link to this promotion here
Generally if you’re looking to get a lot of points in a (relatively) short period of time, it’s better / cheaper to sign up for a new Marriott credit card, if you’re eligible. You can find the Marriott credit cards along with our other top credit card offers.
Will you buy Marriott points with 25% off? Or will you wait for a better offer to come back?
Note: the affiliate links in this post support the blog and our bloggers. If you do use one of our links, thank you!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them