Southwest Airlines has launched another fare sale; check your email for one titled “This summer sale is heating up.” It’s a very widespread sale, with most cities in the US included, and several international locations as well. This sale expands on the previous one, with travel dates May 21 – June 12, and August 20 – October 30. Prices officially start at $49, but as usual lower prices can be found on many routes by searching the fare calendar.
As always with Southwest, if you’ve previously booked airfare then compare your price with the current sale prices to see if you are eligible for a refund of the price difference. Hawaiian interisland flights are listed as part of the sale, and I see fares from $29 for select dates, but I saw no deals on flights to/from the islands. Still, it’s good that SWA is now adding some mention of Hawaii with their sales. Sale ends on May 2 at 11:59 Pacific, so make your plans now. (SEE ALSO: Taking Advantage of the Southwest Cancellation Policy)
Sample Fares Between City Pairs
- Las Vegas and Long Beach from $44 (listed at $49)
- Nashville and Atlanta from $49
- Seattle and San Jose, CA from $59 (listed at $72)
- Houston and Cabo San Lucas, MX from $118 (listed at $192)
- St. Louis and Orlando from $101 (listed at $118)
How to Book
- Visit the airline to search for sample dates and destinations
- Continental U.S. travel valid May 21 through June 12, 2019, and August 20 through October 30, 2019. Interisland Hawaii travel valid May 21 through October 1, 2019. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 4 through October 31, 2019. International travel valid August 20 through October 30, 2019.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out May 23-24, May 27, August 30, and September 2, 2019.
- No minimum stay required
Good luck and happy flying!