Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Southwest is (once again) having a fare sale
Southwest is offering flights as low as $59 one way, to plenty of their destinations. Some of the itineraries that caught my eye:
- Baltimore to Cincinnati at $56
- Houston to Belize at $128
- Boston to Atlanta at $82
- Burbank California to Sacramento, San Jose, San Francisco, or Oakland all for $59!
Here’s the fine print on this Southwest fare sale
- Book by 3/8.
- 21-day advance purchase required. Nonrefundable. Seats, travel days, and markets limited. Blackout dates apply.
- Fares not available to/from Albany, NY; Rochester, NY; Portland, ME.
- Domestic travel valid 3/13/18 – 6/13/2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid 4/3/2018 – 5/17/2018.
- International travel valid 4/3/2018 – 5/17/2018.
- Points bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight.
Southwest conveniently lists the cost in points right next to the dollar price. Here are those same flights above, broken into points costs:
- Baltimore to Cincinnati at 2,792 Rapid Rewards (1.86 cents per point, after accounting for the $5.60 fee)
- Houston to Belize at 7,128 (1.71 cpp, but don’t forget the $78 in taxes and fees on the way out of Belize)
- Boston to Atlanta at 4,533 Rapid Rewards (1.77 cpp)
- Burbank California to Sacramento, San Jose, San Francisco, or Oakland all for 2,323 Rapid Rewards( 1.86 cpp)
Additionally, Southwest is generally fee-free, but if you want to be the one of the first to board, you can always opt for Early Bird check-in.
(READ MORE: Is Southwest Early Bird check-in worth it?)
The other thing to do (as Dan has pointed out before) with these Southwest fare sales is to check your existing bookings. Because of Southwest’s amazing cancellation policy, there is no penalty for changing your flight if the price goes down.
(SEE ALSO: Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight!)
Were you able to book (or re-book!) any Southwest flights with this fare sale? Let us know in the comments!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them