Southwest is having yet another fare sale, although this one will stick around for a bit longer than other flash sales we’ve seen. From now through June 29, you can book flights starting at $42 one-way.
Flights are on sale between August 22, 2017 and December 16, 2017, so this isn’t really a way to score a deal on last-minute summer travel. If you have Fall plans, though, be sure to check it out!
Because Southwest has award prices that are tied to the cost of revenue tickets, this means they effectively have an award sale as well. Here are some of the details:
- Purchase from June 20 through June 29, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid August 22 through December 16, 2017. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 6 through December 7, 2017. International travel valid November 5 through December 13, 2017.
- Domestic and San Juan, Puerto Rico travel blacked out September 1, September 4, November 21-22 & November 25-27, 2017.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays.
- Fares valid only on nonstop service
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight
Book by June 29!
The other thing to do (as Dan has pointed out before) with these Southwest fare sales is to check your existing bookings. Because of Southwest’s amazing cancellation policy, there is no penalty for changing your flight if the price goes down.
(SEE ALSO: Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight!)
Were you able to book (or re-book!) any Southwest flights with this fare sale? Let us know in the comments!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.