Southwest has launched another fall sale with some more good deals between city pairs. Check your emails for the subject line “Sale fares are here to take you to new heights.” The sale is available from Southwest’s website as well. It’s a flash sale, with fares available for 2 more days. It appears that all of SWA’s continental USA cities have deals, but there are no options either to the Hawaiian islands. You can plan with only a little planning: these fares have 2 week advanced purchase rules.
Don’t just accept the price noted on the sale page: as is often the case with SWA, lower prices are available on the “low fare calendar” pages. Southwest is advertising $59 fares, but lower prices aren’t hard to find. While not every deal is lower than competitors, the addition of free checked bags turns a lot of these into solid savings for family travel.
Whenever Southwest hosts a sale, make sure you check any existing flights you have already purchased. Southwest has no change fees, and if the sale price is lower you will receive a credit for the difference usable for future SWA fares. Plus, if you are unsure after you buy one off these flights, remember that any fare marketed in the US is free to cancel within 24 hours. But this sale has a short window, and prices are only good until 11:59 M Pacific Time on September 26, so act fast.
Sample Fares Between City Pairs
- Nashville and Atlanta from $49
- Washington (DCA) and Providence, RI from $54
- Tulsa and Denver from $74
- El Paso and Phoenix from $64
- Chicago and Grand Rapis, MI from $89
How to Book
- Visit the airline to search for sample dates and destinations
- Continental U.S. travel valid October 8, 2019, through March 4, 2020. Interisland Hawaii travel valid October 8, 2019, through March 4, 2020. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid October 15 through December 5, 2019, and January 13 through March 5, 2020. International travel valid October 15 through December 11, 2019, and January 7 through March 5, 2020.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 22, November 24, November 26-27, November 30-December 2, December 19-23, December 26, 2019 – January 1, 2020; January 4-5, 2020. Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out November 22-December 2 & December 19, 2019 through January 6, 2020.
- No minimum stay required.
Good luck and happy flying!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them