Every traveler hates to see that their flight has been delayed or canceled. Sometimes a delay can turn into a situation where you wish they had just canceled the flight to begin with! On the other end of the spectrum we see how my favorite airline Southwest was able to make a delayed flight a manageable if not enjoyable experience for flyers. Customer service can really vary at the airlines and a few notable examples of that can be seen in the 5 stories below.
- One way to pass the time on a long delay is to…fight fellow passengers?
- So that’s how Delta keeps their cancellation numbers low?! Just delay the flight as long as needed.
- If the flight attendant asked me if I wanted to delay the flight so they could clean the vomit I would give a resounding “Yes!”
- I wonder if the vomit in the seats was from the pilots in the story above!
- Can a delayed flight be enjoyable? This is how you make the most of a bad situation!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them