Southwest is back with a $39 fare sale. It’s been about a month since Southwest has promoted a sale and it’s nice to see this offer roll out. Cancellation policies for most airlines have become more flexible given the current uncertainty, but with Rapid Rewards points, Southwest flights are always cancellable. Southwest’s new “Huge Sale, Litte Fares. It’s on.” sale is showing some good pricing.
Deals are available through its website and are advertised as low as $39 each way. Given the flexibility that Southwest offers from a cancellation perspective, it makes sense to book a trip later in the year or even into next year to take advantage of the low prices. If things don’t improve from a travel standpoint it will be easy to cancel.
If you don’t have Southwest points you can still bank a travel credit for a future trip. As a reminder, if Southwest hosts a sale, make sure you check any existing flights you have already purchased. Southwest has no change fees, and if the sale price is lower you will receive a credit for the difference usable for future Southwest fares. Also, if you change your mind after you buy one of these flights, remember that any fare marketed in the US is free to cancel within 24 hours.
This sale ends tomorrow tonight (August 27) at 11:59 PM Pacific Time, so you’ll have to jump on it soon if you want a deal!
Traveling on Southwest
Southwest has recently stepped up its COVID-19 response. The process is being branded as the “Southwest Promise” and includes enhanced cleaning, physical-distancing measures such as middle seats being open through at least October 31, mandatory face coverings and equipped Employees. For more details visit the dedicated landing page here.
How to Book
- Visit the Southwest website to search for sample dates and destinations.
- Purchase by August 27, 2020, 11:59 PM Central Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid September 8 through February 10, 2021 and August 18.
- Continental U.S. to/from Hawaii travel valid November 1, 2020 through April 8, 2021.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid September 8, 2020 through April 8, 2021.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico travel valid September 8 through December 3, 2020 & January 11 through March 4, 2021
- International travel valid September 8 through December 9, 2020 & January 11 through March 4, 2021.
- No minimum stay required.
- Points bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight.
- All other terms and conditions are available at this link by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
Where you able to find a flight to book? Did you get a refund on a previously purchased Southwest flight? Let us know in the comments below!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.