Southwest has launched a nationwide sale, with fares as low as $49 one-way direct. Sale prices are good for select days between August 20 and December 18; see “Travel Dates” below for more specifics. While not every route is available, pretty much every mainland city that Southwest serves has at least one-deal. I saw mainland because only inter-island flights Hawaiian flights are included, not flights to/from the mainland. As for what is available, international flights as well as domestic flights (including non-stops) show deals, and the prices can be very good, especially considering Southwest’s “Bags Fly Free” policy.
Whenever Southwest hosts a sale, make sure you check any existing flights you have already purchased. Southwest has no change fees, and if the sale price is lower you will receive a credit for the difference usable for future SWA fares. Plus, if you are unsure after you buy one off these flights, remember that any fare marketed in the US is free to cancel within 24 hours. But this sale has a short window, and rices are only good until 11:59 M Pacific Time on June 6, so act fast.
- Atlanta to Jacksonville from $49
- Phoenix to Burbank from $49
- St. Louis to Dallas from $79
- Cincinnati to Chicago from $49
- Oakland to Orlando from $149
How to Book
- Visit the airline to search for sample dates and destinations
- Continental U.S. travel valid August 20 through December 18, 2019.
- Inter-island Hawaii travel valid September 3 through November 2, 2019. Fares not available continental U.S. to/from Hawaii.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 4 through December 5, 2019. International travel valid August 20 through December 11, 2019.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out August 30, September 2, and November 22 through December 2.
- No minimum stay required
Good luck and happy flying!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them