Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Southwest has launched a nationwide sale, with fares as low as $49 one-way direct. Sale prices are good for select days between August 20 and December 18; see “Travel Dates” below for more specifics. While not every route is available, pretty much every mainland city that Southwest serves has at least one-deal. I saw mainland because only inter-island flights Hawaiian flights are included, not flights to/from the mainland. As for what is available, international flights as well as domestic flights (including non-stops) show deals, and the prices can be very good, especially considering Southwest’s “Bags Fly Free” policy.
Whenever Southwest hosts a sale, make sure you check any existing flights you have already purchased. Southwest has no change fees, and if the sale price is lower you will receive a credit for the difference usable for future SWA fares. Plus, if you are unsure after you buy one off these flights, remember that any fare marketed in the US is free to cancel within 24 hours. But this sale has a short window, and rices are only good until 11:59 M Pacific Time on June 6, so act fast.
(SEE ALSO: Taking Advantage of the Southwest Cancellation Policy)
- Atlanta to Jacksonville from $49
- Phoenix to Burbank from $49
- St. Louis to Dallas from $79
- Cincinnati to Chicago from $49
- Oakland to Orlando from $149
How to Book
- Visit the airline to search for sample dates and destinations
- Continental U.S. travel valid August 20 through December 18, 2019.
- Inter-island Hawaii travel valid September 3 through November 2, 2019. Fares not available continental U.S. to/from Hawaii.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 4 through December 5, 2019. International travel valid August 20 through December 11, 2019.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out August 30, September 2, and November 22 through December 2.
- No minimum stay required
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Does it come with a side of 737Max death trap?