Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
A widespread sale on flights to Paris is now available from all major US airlines and their alliance partners. The Los Angeles area is the hot spot, as pretty much every L.A. metro airport has sub-$400 fares for spring travel. Other California cities are involved as well, as is Denver. Seattle and Portland are seeing lower prices too (around $570 round trip in spring).
(SEE ALSO: 3 Reasons Why You Should Visit Paris With Kids)
To limit confusion please note:
- All prices listed are basic economy
- Main cabin fare buy-ups are $100 (Delta), $120 (American), and $130 (United) round trip
- All fares require 7 or 8 day round trips
I found the following prices available for spring travel, with varying availability March – May.
- LAX: $255+ United Airlines & partners
- Ontario, CA: $272+ UA
- Santa Ana: $286+ UA
- Burbank: $289+ UA
- Denver: $355+ (Norwegian), $439 Delta or American
- San Francisco: $369 AA, UA
- San Jose: $369 AA
- Palm Springs, CA: $372 UA
There’s also a high season deal to Paris from LAX for $476 ($596 main cabin) in June from American Airlines. That’s a very good deal for west coast travel in summer.
The deals return a bit in August, generally mid-late month. These deals may be good for your family if they don’t interfere with school schedules.
- LAX: $286+ UA
- Santa Ana: $361+ UA
- Denver: $439+ DL
- San Jose: $448+ AA
- Palm Springs: $458+ AA
Basic economy with the major US airlines includes a carry-on and personal item, plus meals. Norwegian now charges for a carry-on bag, ~$25 round trip; the airline also charges for meals.
While I listed the basic economy prices for clarity, main cabin is probably worth the price for families to guarantee sitting together. Plus, if you’re checking bags, notice that it’s usually cheaper to buy main cabin instead of basic economy and paying for a checked bag.
These prices probably will be available for only a short time, so if you’re interested in visiting Paris in prime season book sooner rather than later.
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination.
- Varying dates March – May, June, and August 2020
- 7- or 8-day stay required
Where to Stay in Paris
- Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
- Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame
- Crowne Plaza Paris – République (SEE ALSO: Crowne Plaza Paris Republique Review: Decent base for exploring the city)
Things to Do in Paris
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them