Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
This is a quick post looking for some recommendations for a hotel to stay at for one night in Washington DC. Like I mentioned the other day, I realized while looking through my trip to Peru that I had forgotten to book one of my flights.
I ALSO forgot that I need to book an overnight hotel in Washington DC on our way back, since we get in at 6pm and the only flight onward leaves at 10pm and arrives at 11:30 pm. So we’re looking for a hotel. Some considerations
- We fly into IAD and out of DCA the next morning, so something between those two points would be preferable
- Bonus points if it’s on / near the Metro
- We only need it for 1 night
Washington DC hotel options
I plan on using points for my Washington DC hotel stay because cash is for suckers. 🙂
- My first thought was a Hyatt as their award chart seems to have the best values. My wife also has an anniversary night from the Hyatt credit card, so we could get a free night for a Category 1-4 hotel (SEE ALSO: Why are free nights so hard to use?)
- I’m also a Hilton Diamond, but most of those hotels in DC seem to cost 60K / night. I have the points but I’m not sure this is a great use of them.
- Other chains (Marriott, IHG, Best Western, Choice) seem to cost quite a bit of
- Wyndham has a fixed redemption amount (15,000 points) but there don’t seem to be any good options
- If there’s a hotel with a cheap cash price, I could use Chase UR or Barclay Arrival miles (SEE ALSO: The difference between “points” points and “cash” points)
So some questions. Can I use my wife’s free Hyatt CC night but still get my Globalist number on the reservation to take advantage of Globalist perks (upgraded room / lounge access / breakfast benefit / etc?)
And if so, which is the best Hyatt hotel to stay at in Washington DC? Any recommendations?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them