Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Summer deals keep appearing, this time to the Caribbean. If you’re looking for a good fare to beach destinations, prices to St. Maartin have dropped from several major American airport. These are good in July and at times into August, dead center of high summer season. While the lowest prices are basic economy, buying up to main cabin (for seat selection) starts at $30 more, which keeps prices in a good range for family travel. These are offered by American, Delta, and Spirit (though obviously Spirit’s fee structure is different than the majors). I generally skip budget airlines due to their fees, but in this case the prices make it worthy of an exception.
(SEE ALSO: I Survived My First Spirit Flight! Here’s How)
- Miami from $229 (American)
- Boston from $297 (Delta)
- Chicago from $298 (Spirit broken into two 3 hour flights each way)
- New York from $273 (Spirit, $317 from AA and Sprint)
- Los Angeles from $455 (AA and Delta)
Departures include weekends and, in some cases, direct flights. While the Spirit prices may stick around I don’t expect the other airlines to keep these prices, so book soon for plane-spotting and beaches in St. Maartin this summer.
- Departure: Miami
- Stops: None outbound, Charlotte inbound
- Arrival: St. Maartin
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- Select dates July and August 2019
- 6 day stay required
Where to Stay
- Atrium Resort & Spa on St. Maarten
- Barbados’ Infinity on the Beach
- Galley Bay Resort & Spa on Antigua
- True Blue Bay Resort on Grenada
Things to Do
- St. Maarten’s Maho Beach for plane spotting
- Darkwood Beach on Antigua
- Barbados’ Carlisle Bay
- Grenada’s Underwater Sculptures
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them