Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Like Alaska yesterday, Virgin American is getting in on the fare sale action with a sale of their own–but is it any good? Let’s take a look! You can also see all of the promotion details here. Remember to book by 2/27 to take advantage of any fare deals!
- Main Cabin Tickets must be purchased by 11:59 pm CT on Monday, February 27, 2017
- Fares are one-way and require a 21-day advance purchase for HNL-SFO, OGG-SFO, and HNL-LAX where travel must occur between March 16, 2017 and June 1, 2017
- Fares are one-way and require a 21-day advance purchase for SFO-SJD and SFO-PVR where travel must occur between March 14, 2017 and June 1, 2017
- Lowest sale fares are only valid for travel on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday
- Lowest sale fares for Hawaii are only valid Monday through Thursday
- Lowest sale fares for Mexico are only valid for travel to Mexico on Sunday through Wednesday
- Seats are limited, subject to availability, and may not be available on all flights. Flights may not operate daily
- For all terms and conditions, click here
The cheapest flights available are:
- Las Vegas – San Francisco ($49)
- Las Vegas – Los Angeles ($49)
- Los Angeles – San Francisco ($59)
- San Diego – San Francisco ($59)
- Portland, OR – San Francisco ($64)
Remember, use Virgin eleVAte, not Alaska Mileage Plan!
That $64 Portland, OR – San Francisco flight? Only 2,394 points each way on Virgin:
That same flight on Alaska? 5,000 points each way for flights on Alaska metal and 12,500 points each way (!!!) for flights on Virgin America metal:
You could get a roundtrip on Virgin America for the cost of a one-way segment on Alaska!
In my mind, the best aspect of Virgin America sales are the low, low point redemptions. I’d make sure you check out their sale before you book on Alaska–they may have a comparable flight for a lot cheaper!
Let us know if you get a great deal (points or cash!) below!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them