Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I got an email the other day from Barclays, offering $15 for adding an authorized user to my Arrival card
$15 Authorized user offer fine print
Here is the fine print on the offer from the email (Emphasis mine)
- Primary cardmember is financially responsible for all authorized user purchases and transactions.
- In addition, we may provide account information to the credit bureaus for all account users, which could impact an authorized user’s credit score.
- Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable.
- If you close your account or switch to another product during the promotional period, you may no longer be eligible for this promotion.
- Cardmembers who receive this offer and add an authorized user between 08/14/2018 and 08/28/2018 will earn a $15 statement credit.
- Limit of one $15 statement credit per account.
- To receive the statement credit, the cardmember account must be open, active and in good standing at the time of fulfillment.
- All statement credits earned will appear on your statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.
It does say that it is valid only for the person that received the email, and a quick perusal of the Barclays page did not find any public offer page referencing the offer. If you’re looking for it, the email came with the subject “A $15 statement credit and more rewards.”
A few other things to keep in mind with this offer – adding an authorized user will add an entry to their credit report. This may impact their automatic approval from a Chase card due to 5/24, though you can call in to have them not consider authorized user cards
(SEE ALSO: Overturning Chase 5/24 – here’s how I did it)
Current Barclays Arrival offer
If you don’t have the Barclays Arrival Plus card, it is currently at an all-time high welcome offer of 60,000 bonus points after spending $5000 in the first 3 months
If you haven’t signed up for that before, then you might consider the card, as those 60,000 bonus Arrival Miles are worth $600 in travel. As always, do your own research and don’t just sign up for a card because some guy on the Internet said you could.