Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I received an email from Citi Cards last week, for a targeted spending bonus on my Citi AAdvantage Platinum card. Unliked the targeted category spending bonus offers that we wrote about last month, this new offer I received is for purchases made directly with American Airlines.
Detail terms of the offer
- This offer starts upon enrollment and will end on 06/30/2018.
- AAdvantage® miles are only earned on eligible purchases. Earnings associated with this program will equal 8 AAdvantage® bonus mile(s) per $1 spent on eligible purchases and may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled.
- AAdvantage® miles earned with this offer are subject to a maximum of 5,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles.
- This offer excludes purchases made at travel agencies/engines, warehouses, balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, items returned for credit, fees and interest charges.
- Eligible American Airlines purchases are items billed by American Airlines as merchant of record booked through American Airlines channels (aa.com, American Airlines reservations, and American Airlines airport and city ticket counters).
- Products or services that do not qualify are car rentals and hotel reservations (except taxes and charges paid when redeeming miles for car/hotel), purchase of elite status boost or renewal, and AA Cargo℠ products and services.
- We do not determine how merchants are classified, however, they are generally classified based upon the merchant’s primary line of business.
- We reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. All purchases must be posted during the promotional period.
- Miles earned will be posted to the primary cardmember’s AAdvantage® account in 8-10 weeks.
To me, this offer is more useful than the other targeted category spending bonus offered I received in May, which was earning 3x on purchases made in restaurants, movie and show theaters. This offer came just in time as I had to purchase a ticket from American Airlines last week. But my ticket cost less than $500 after I applied the AA gift cards I had on hand. Now I wonder if purchasing a gift card directly from AA would qualify for the 10x bonus miles?
Did you receive a similar offer to earn 10x points on purchases made directly with American Airlines?