I just received an email from American Airlines, and they want to offer me free Platinum status!
American AAdvantage Platinum benefits
- Complimentary upgrades on flights 500 miles or less within North America. Upgrades are confirmed as early as 48 hours before departure;
- Complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra and Preferred seats
- 8 award miles/U.S. dollar (60% bonus)
- 2 free checked bags
- oneworld® SapphireSM status on partner airlines
Terms of the exclusive offer
- Offer is only for members who received a letter directly from American Airlines;
- Registration is required by 11:59 pm CT June 30, 2017 and prior to travel in order for your Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) to count toward this promotion.
- By registering, member will receive twenty 500-mile upgrades!
- To extend elite benefits through January 31, 2019, earn 12,500 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and $2,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on American or other eligible airlines between registration date and September 22, 2017.
- Eligible airlines include American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia and Japan Airlines, as well as eligible codeshare flights.
In February, I received an offer to fast track to AA Elite status, which I didn’t participate. I am a little surprised by this new offer, as I only have one flight booked with American Airline later this year. I get free checked bags benefit being AA credit cardmember, and I get free access to Main Cabin Extra and Preferred seats being an Alaska MVP Gold. So those two Platinum benefits do not interest me. But the twenty 500-mile upgrade certificates and oneworld Sapphire status on partner airlines sound interesting!
Did you receive a similar offer for free American AAdvantage status?