I received an email today from Delta, offering 10% miles rebates on award tickets booked by May 13, 2018.
Enrollment is required. To participate in this offer, you must enroll prior to booking a valid flight. Enrollment ends 11:59:59 p.m., U.S. CST, on May 13, 2018. Detail terms are below:
- Enter your SkyMiles number
- Book any Award Ticket in any cabin by May 13, 2018,
- Flights operated by Delta, Delta Connection® carriers, and Delta partner airlines are eligible.
- Fly between August 14 and November 14, 2018
- There is no limit to the number of Award Travel tickets that are eligible for the rebate offer during the promotional period.
- The maximum rebate amount per SkyMiles Member will be capped at 100,000 miles.
- The Rebate will be credited to the SkyMiles Member who received the offer, although booking may contain multiple passengers on one itinerary.
- Rebate will be 10% of miles redeemed per ticket, regardless of the number of passengers traveling on the itinerary.
- Miles will be deposited into member’s account after travel is completed. Allow four to six weeks after travel is completed for credit to appear.
- Bonus miles will not count toward Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Million Miler Status.
Just two weeks ago I booked a flight for a friend to London on Delta. The nonstop flight between Portland and London cost just 48,000 roundtrip, plus about $190 tax. For the month of August, dates are wide open at this price, for up to 9 people too! With this promotion, it would cost 43,200 miles roundtrip per person!
Are you targeted for this promotion? If so, did you find any great deals?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
What is the link
I didn’t read the fine print, I was looking at August 7th which would have cost $567 (so the 43,000 miles + 189 would have been nearly a 1cpm redemption) darn.
Mind you maybe at less then a 1cpm redemption maybe a cash ticket Portland to London would be better.