Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- A post I wrote over on Traveling Dad about the true value of miles and points – the ability to go to St. Louis or St. Lucia for (about) the same cost.
- A 17 year old boy was detained after opening an emergency exit door on the tarmac while waiting for his Copa flight to taxi to its gate at SFO.
- Apparently the Chase Sapphire Reserve card has not been super profitable for JP Morgan Chase (at least not yet). We’ll see what happens when all those $450 annual fees come due again here in the next few weeks.
- After #leggingsgate, American has officially changed their dress code policy for non-rev passengers
- Is the trick to book close-in tickets on United dead now?
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: The best sites for searching oneworld alliance award availability
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them