IHG is currently offering up to 3x IHG points on stays through August 16, 2021. These types of deals are coming up fairly regularly as people are starting to travel more. However, while they are nice, it won’t make most of us change our travel plans. With that being said, this offer can still be worthwhile. The downside is that at least 3 stays are required to earn the 3x bonus points. The good news is you have most of the summer to hit the extra bonus points.
Where Do I Sign Up and What Are the Details?
My wife and I both received an email with the subject line, “3X Bonus Points is Here! Register Today.” You can also check the “My Offers” page on the IHG site. Once you are there, you can register with a few clicks. The main details of the offer are highlighted below but if you want to read the full terms and conditions click here.
- You must be an IHG® Rewards Club member.
- You must register for the promotion before your stay.
- The promotion begins on May 15, 2021 and ends on August 16, 2021.
- 2X Bonus points will be awarded upon your second qualifying stay after registering. The 3X Bonus points will apply to your third stay and all subsequent stays during the promotion period.
- Bonus points will be awarded from the base points earned with each qualifying stay.
- The maximum bonus points award per member for the promotion is 100,000 points.
- However, Chase cardholders can earn 3,000 more bonus points with their second qualifying stay. In addition, a further 3,000 bonus points are earned on the third qualifying stay for a grand total of 106,000 points.
Should I Do This?
Absolutely! This is an easy deal to register for with minimal effort. It can help boost your IHG points balance above and beyond what you would earn on a normal stay. That being said, it’s not an offer that is going to make me go out of my way to book an IHG property. However, it is well worth signing up, particularly if you have a few IHG stays coming up this summer.
Are you planning to take advantage of the IHG Triple Your Points offer over the next few months? Let us know in the comments!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.