Airline deals are starting to become a little more frequent. We saw a Delta deal last week and Southwest has offered several recently. Cancellation policies for most airlines have become more flexible given the current uncertainty, but with Rapid Rewards points, Southwest flights are always cancellable. Southwest’s new “Fall Sale” is showing some good pricing.
Deals are available through its website and are advertised as low as $39 each way. Given the flexibility that Southwest offers from a cancellation perspective, it makes sense to book a trip later in the year to take advantage of the low prices. If things don’t improve from a travel standpoint it will be easy to cancel.
If you don’t have Southwest points you can still bank a travel credit for a future trip. As a reminder, if Southwest hosts a sale, make sure you check any existing flights you have already purchased. Southwest has no change fees, and if the sale price is lower you will receive a credit for the difference usable for future Southwest fares. Also, if you change your mind after you buy one of these flights, remember that any fare marketed in the US is free to cancel within 24 hours.
This sale ends tonight (June 25) at 11:59 PM Pacific Time, so you’ll have to jump on it today if you want a deal.
How to Book
- Visit the Southwest website to search for sample dates and destinations.
- Purchase by June 25, 2020, 11:59 PM Central Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid August 11 through December 17, 2020 and August 18 through October 30, 2020. Fares are not available to or from Hawaii.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid August 18 through December 3, 2020. International travel valid August 18 through December 9, 2020.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 25 & 28-30, 2020. Sale fares to San Juan, PR and international destinations blacked out November 20-22, 2020; sale fares from San Juan, PR and international destinations blacked out November 27-30, 2020.
- No minimum stay required.
- Points bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight.
- All other terms and conditions are available at this link by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
Where you able to find a flight to book? Did you get a refund on a previously purchased Southwest flight? Let us know in the comments below!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them