Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
We are not seeing many airline deals at this point and rightfully so. While cancellation policies have become more flexible given the current uncertainty, we are seeing airlines drastically reduce their flight schedules. Southwest’s went against the grain and has been running a “3-Day Sale” this week.
Deals are available through its website and are advertised as low as $39 each way. Given the flexibility that Southwest offers from a cancellation perspective (particularly if you have Rapid Rewards points) it makes sense to book a trip later in the year to take advantage of the low prices. If things don’t improve from a travel standpoint it will be easy to cancel.
If you don’t have Southwest points you can still bank a travel credit for a future trip. As a reminder, if Southwest hosts a sale, make sure you check any existing flights you have already purchased. Southwest has no change fees, and if the sale price is lower you will receive a credit for the difference usable for future Southwest fares. Also, if you change your mind after you buy one of these flights, remember that any fare marketed in the US is free to cancel within 24 hours.
This sale ends tonight (March 26) at 11:59 PM Pacific Time, so you’ll have to jump on it today if you want a deal.
How to Book
- Visit the Southwest websiteto search for sample dates and destinations.
- 21-day advance purchase for all travel.
- Continental U.S. travel valid April 14 through June 6, 2020 and August 18 through October 30, 2020. Interisland Hawaii travel valid April 14 through May 20, 2020
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid April 14 through May 14, 2020, and August 18 through October 30, 2020.
- No minimum stay required.
- Points bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight.
- All other terms and conditions are available at this link by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
Where you able to find a flight to book? Did you get a refund on a previously purchased Southwest flight? Let us know in the comments below!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them