Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Southwest is back with another fare deal after last week’s offer. This week’s sale is “Freedom to Hope, to Plan, to Dream” and is good through June 12 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time. There is even has an added bonus where you can earn double Rapid Rewards points when you register, book, and travel by August 31.
What are the Details?
Deals are available through its website and are advertised as low as $49 each way. This offer is interesting because it is ONLY valid on nonstop service, does not include flights from the continental U.S. to or from Hawaii, and is a month-long. You may be able to find a good value and given the flexibility that Southwest offers from a cancellation perspective (particularly if you have Rapid Rewards points), it makes sense to book a trip for later in the year to take advantage of the low prices.
If you don’t have Southwest points you can still bank a travel credit for a future trip. As a reminder, if Southwest hosts a sale, make sure you check any existing flights you have already purchased. Southwest has no change fees, and if the sale price is lower you will receive a credit for the difference usable for future Southwest fares. Also, if you change your mind after you buy one of these flights, remember that any fare marketed in the US is free to cancel within 24 hours.
How Do I Earn 2X Points?
The ability to earn double Rapid Rewards points on every flight you complete between May 12 and August 31 is probably not going to incentivize travelers to make an impulse purchase, but it is an easy way to earn extra points. Registration takes a couple seconds and can be done here.
This sale ends June 12 at 11:59 PM Central Time, so you have time to snag a deal although the best ones may disappear.
How to Book
- Visit the Southwest website to search for sample dates and destinations.
The Fine Print
- 14-day advance purchase for all travel.
- Fares are only valid on nonstop service.
- Purchase from May 12 through June 12, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Continental U.S. travel is valid May 26, 2020, through August 31, 2020.
- Fares are not valid to/from the continental U.S. to/from Hawaii.
- Except as otherwise specified, continental U.S. travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, and Las Vegas and from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando to Las Vegas is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, and Las Vegas and from Las Vegas to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, and Orlando is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- No minimum stay required.
- Points bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight.
- All other terms and conditions are available at this link by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
Where you able to find a flight to book? Did you get a refund on a previously purchased Southwest flight? Let us know in the comments below!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them