Various Choice hotel packages go on sale today with Daily Getaway at 1pm EST. While the packages are for two- or three-night stay at different Choice hotel brands, you are actually receiving Choice Privilege points upon purchase. Depending which package you purchase, the cost per points ranges from 0.40 cents to 0.45 cents.
- 40,000 points for $160, or 0.40 cents per point – 204 packages available
- 36,000 points for $155, or 0.43 cents per point – 308 packages available
- 32,000 points for $132, or 0.41 cents per point – 310 packages available
- 20,000 points for $90, or 0.45 cents per point – 208 package available
Detail of the Offer
- Travel anytime as long as your Choice account stays active.
- No more than two (2) sets of points purchased through each offer are allowed per loyalty number.
- A maximum of eight (8) sets of points is allowed per loyalty number across all Choice Hotels offers.
- Points will be posted to the account number given at time of purchase within ten (10) business days of confirmation.
- Once points are posted into a Choice Privileges account, they never expire as long as you have activity within 18 months.
Best use of Choice points
There are definitely value to be had with Choice points. As I wrote in a post earlier this week, the four best uses of Choice points include:
- Stay at low category Choice hotels for 6,000, 8,000 or 10,000 points a night;
- Use points for expensive weekend or summer destinations, such as Napa Valley or Ocean City Maryland, for 20,000 or 30,000 points a night, instead of paying $300 or more.
- Use points for luxury stay at Preferred Hotels & Resorts around the world, ranging from 25,000 points to 55,000 points a night, or 10,000 points plus a cash co-payment;
- For 30,000 a night, stay at Comfort Suites Paradise Island with free access to water park at Atlantis resort, instead of paying $445 cash.
In previous years, these Choice packages were very popular and always sold out within the first few minutes. Most people purchased the packages and transferred the points to Southwest Airlines for the Companion Pass. But the loophole was closed on March 31 this year. Whether these packages are as popular as prior years, we will find out on today. In any case, if you plan to make a purchase, I suggest you to get ready few minutes prior to 1PM EST today, and hopefully your internet is faster than others!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them