Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
American Express adds Qantas Airways as a transfer partner! AmEx has put some serious effort into their Membership Rewards ecosystem the past 2 or 3 years. New transfer partners, lots of transfer bonuses, and even full revamps of cards.
Qantas is the flag carrier of Australia and is an important member of the oneworld alliance. Although the airline doesn’t have a large footprint within the states, they do fly to LAX and a few other cities. For those based in Australia or Southeast Asia, the kangaroo tailfin is a much more common sight!
American Express Membership Rewards Transfer Rates
Qantas marks the 19th airline partner for American Express and the 22nd partner overall. Here’s the full list:
- Aer Lingus AerClub 1,000:1,000
- Aeromexico Club Premier 1,000:1,600
- Air Canada aeroplan 1,000:1,000
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue 1,000:1,000
- Alitalia Millemiglia 1,000:1,000
- All Nippon Airways 1,000:1,000
- Asia Miles 1,000:1,000
- Avianca LifeMiles 1,000:1,000
- British Airways Executive Club 1,000:1,000
- Delta SkyMiles 1,000:1,000
- El Al Frequent Flyer Club 1,000:1,000
- Emirates Skywards 1,000:1,000
- Etihad Guest Miles 1,000:1,000
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles 1,000:1,000
- Iberia Plus 1,000:1,000
- JetBlue TrueBlue 250:200
- Qantas Frequent Flyer 500:500
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer 1,000:1,000
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club 1,000:1,000
- Choice Privileges Rewards 1,000:1,000
- Hilton Honors 1,000:2,000
- Marriott Bonvoy 1,000:1,000
Personally, I’m a huge Membership Rewards fan, and this addition only further strengthens AmEx’s proprietary currency. I always tell people to collect the transferrable points, especially when they don’t have a specific redemption in mind. As long as all the banks keep adding transfer partners, my advice won’t change!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them