Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I’m of two minds about travel conferences, especially those geared towards the miles and points community. On the one hand, I think that much of what is covered at these conferences is available for free on the Internet.
But on the other hand, sometimes there are deals that are kept off of the blogs (for awhile at least), and going to conferences is a good way to meet up with like-minded souls and share tips in person. I’ll be speaking at the Chicago Seminars in October and if you see me there, make sure to come say hi.
I’ve enjoyed my time at the first 4 Family Travel for Real Life conferences and FT4RL #5 has just been announced. Tickets are on sale and will probably sell out fast. It’s Saturday November 5th at the Hyatt Place Dallas Fort Worth Airport in Dallas, TX
If you’re still on the fence, here are some recaps from the first 4 conferences as an example of the type of sessions you’ll see. I am not yet sure if I will be able to make it or not, but even (especially?) if not, if you go, you’ll have a good time.
Family Travel for Real Life Conference #1 (Washington DC, August 2014):
- Family Travel for Real Life (FT4RL) conference – Miles to Memories
- #FT4RL Live-blog – next up: Jason Steele on multiple award tickets for families
- #FT4RL Live blog – Speaker #3: Phil from MilesAbound
- FT4RL Live-Blog – Susan from Carolina Travel Girl
- #FT4RL live blog – Debra from Traveling Well For Less on Tricks to save money on vacation
Family Travel for Real Life Conference #2 (Charlotte, March 2015)
- Family Travel for Real Life (#FT4RL) 2015 – Bonnie the Frugal Travel Lawyer on “the new Frontier”
- Family Travel for Real Life (#FT4RL) 2015 #2 – Leslie from Trips with Tykes on mastering the International House of Mickey
- Family Travel for Real Life (#FT4RL) 2015 #3 – Jason Steele on the current state and sweet spots in the miles and points world
- Family Travel for Real Life (#FT4RL) 2015 #4 – Kenny from Miles4More on National Parks and off the beaten path family destinations
- Family Travel for Real Life (#FT4RL) 2015 #5 – Shawn from Miles to Memories on immersive travel: family adventures, educational experiences, and ways to give back
Family Travel for Real Life Conference #3 (Washington DC, October 2015)
- Dan from Points With a Crew: Panning for Gold in Category 1: Hotel Tips, Tricks, and Steals
- Trevor from Tagging Miles and Kenny from Miles4More on Creative Ways to Earn Miles and Points
- Jeff the Wanderer on getting the most out of your miles
- Haley Bach on Disney Debunked: Making Friends with the Mouse
- Rich Kerr on Asian Destinations with Families
Family Travel for Real Life #4 (Orlando, April 2016)
- Travel Hacking 101 Community leader Rich Kerr on All-inclusive Africa trip for 7 nights for 135,090 points including flights from the USA
- Coming out of retirement! Milenomics author Sam Simon – How to complain without any status or a brand to Tweet to
- Miles to Memories author Shawn Coomer on Beyond New York, London and Hawaii: Distinctive Family Destinations
- Saverocity Observation Deck Podcast host, As the Joe Flies author and Dad of 2 Joe Cheung on Miles and Points Earning and Burning Strategies for Growing Families
- Disney Expert Haley Bach returns! By popular demand- Disney World: Travel Hacker Style
I’ve heard a couple of these folks at past conferences and I for one am super excited!