As seen on Mile Nerd, for a limited time, there’s a United sale of 20% off Saver Awards to Portugal, Iceland, Singapore, and Sydney. Hmmm…..not a bad list of destinations if you ask me. Not everyone is a fan of economy flights on international travel, but this just might work for those who want to simply getaway using less miles. This could be your Spring Getaway, or you could take advantage of taking off around the Memorial Day holiday.
What’s the deal
- 48,000 miles from the US to Porto, Portugal, or to Reykjavik, Iceland
- Plus fees ($60 for Iceland and $75 for Porto)
- 60,000 miles is the usual roundtrip required + fees
- 64,000 miles from the US to Singapore or Sydney
- Plus fees ($55 for Singapore and $155 for Sydney)
- 80,000 miles is the usual roundtrip required + fees
- Roundtrip travel between the following international airports and the contiguous United States + Alaska: Porto (OPO), Reykjavik (KEF), Sydney (SYD), or Singapore (SIN).
When do you need to fly
- Travel to or from Porto, Singapore or Sydney beginning on or after May 4, 2018, and completed on or before June 17, 2018.
- Travel to or from Reykjavik on or after May 23, 2018, and completed on or before June 17, 2018.
When do you need to book
- Book your tickets no later than 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, March 2, 2018.
Samples of Saver Deals
From San Francisco to Iceland Roundtrip
From Dallas/Fort Worth to Singapore Roundtrip
From Newark to Sydney Roundtrip
Get those extra points
Remember to use your credit card that will give you the most bang for your buck. Cards that offer travel benefits and added points such as Chase Sapphire Preferred (3x per dollar), United MileageExplorer Card and Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x per dollar).
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.