United Airlines and its customer experience became infamous in 2017 when David Dao Duy Anh was bloodied while being forcibly removed from a flight. Of course United promised to improve and use the incident as a learning opportunity. While no one is getting bloodied in the stories below and they allowed two passengers to join the mile high club, there are some other questionable customer “service” experiences to share.
- A passenger tries to get upgraded for free by shaming United on Twitter and they weirdly try to put him in his place.
- United cancelled a passenger’s ticket without warning after the ticket they issued was “illegal” under fifth freedom flight rules. The worst part is that it was as he was returning from his destination, so he was stranded.
- There were two people in the bathroom so they should get double the time of a single passenger…right??
- You would have thought United learned their lesson about kicking elderly doctors off of their flights with the David Dao Duy Anh debacle in 2017.
- Yet another lawsuit from United’s treatment of passengers
Have you had any interesting customer service experiences with United? Let us know about them in the comments!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them