Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
United Airlines and its customer experience became infamous in 2017 when David Dao Duy Anh was bloodied while being forcibly removed from a flight. Of course United promised to improve and use the incident as a learning opportunity. While no one is getting bloodied in the stories below and they allowed two passengers to join the mile high club, there are some other questionable customer “service” experiences to share.
United Airlines uses cars to explain why passengers can’t sit in empty economy plus seats
- A passenger tries to get upgraded for free by shaming United on Twitter and they weirdly try to put him in his place.
The day I wound up with an illegal ticket from United
- United cancelled a passenger’s ticket without warning after the ticket they issued was “illegal” under fifth freedom flight rules. The worst part is that it was as he was returning from his destination, so he was stranded.
“Mile high club” couple annoys passengers waiting for airplane bathroom
- There were two people in the bathroom so they should get double the time of a single passenger…right??
Elderly doctors allegedly kicked off airplane for “threatening” behavior after boarding pass error
- You would have thought United learned their lesson about kicking elderly doctors off of their flights with the David Dao Duy Anh debacle in 2017.
African woman and children kicked off United Airlines flight after white male passenger complained she was “pungent”, lawsuit claims
- Yet another lawsuit from United’s treatment of passengers
Have you had any interesting customer service experiences with United? Let us know about them in the comments!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them