Need a way to earn extra points? Have a MasterCard? If you can answer “yes” to both of those questions, there’s a Plastiq promotion for you! Here’s an email I got
Now, you can use Masterpass™ through Plastiq to pay businesses that don’t accept credit or debit cards.
Starting today through September 30, 2018, we’ll waive the Plastiq fee when you use your Mastercard® in Masterpass when paying with Plastiq.* Promotion applies to any bill or invoice, up to a maximum of $500 each.
How to Use MasterPass on Plastiq
- Log into your Plastiq account.
- Click on your payment card in the top left of the screen.
- Click “Add New Card” then “More Ways to Pay”
- Select “Add a Card from MasterPass” If you already use a MasterCard on Plastiq, you might see an option for CitiPay, Capital One, or another bank. If you need to switch this, keep an eye out for a small button that says “Change Wallet.”
- Follow the MasterPass prompts. After setting up your account (if you need to), and selecting your payment card, MasterPass should redirect you to Plastiq. Plastiq will save your MasterPass information, but the MasterPass “card number” won’t match your payment card.
Here’s the good news: This Plastiq promotion is good on each payment up to $500 from now until September 30th! I went ahead and scheduled my rent payments through October 1st (the charge will hit my card prior to September 30th) with my MasterPass account. Sure enough, I’m paying Plastiq’s 2.5% fee only on the portion of my rent above the $500 MasterPass Plastiq promotion amount.
Guys. This promotion is practically unlimited! There’s no limit on the number of transactions you can make, according to the promotion’s terms. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to change the terms at some point, it’s a great opportunity to earn some points on bills that aren’t normally paid by credit card. For me, that means rent and utilities.
This is a great opportunity to put some extra spend on the MasterCard in your wallet this summer! If you don’t have a Plastiq account already, you can sign up with my link and you’ll get ANOTHER $500 fee free (on any card) once you make a $500 payment.
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them