If it’s a day that ends in “y”, it probably means that a Southwest sale is happening–let’s check out where you can fly for only $49 each way! If you want to search fares from your city, click here. You’ve got three days to book (June 7 is the last day), but buy now if you want to lock in the sale pricing!
As you can see, sale fares are either $49, $79, $99, or $129. While it’s not in the sale details, my assumption is that the price is based on the distance between cities. Just a hunch!
Lots of city pairs are showing up $49, which is a great deal if you can find one of those tickets. A the time of writing this article, I see 258 route pairs (129 routes) on sale for $49. Remember that you won’t pay for bags should you decide to check them on Southwest. My “hometown” airports of LGA and EWR had some $79 flights, but no $49 deals.
- Purchase from June 5 through June 7, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid August 21 through December 12, 2018. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 5 through December 6, 2018. International travel valid August 21 through December 12, 2018.
- Domestic travel blacked out August 31, September 3, November 16-27, 2018.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Fares valid only on nonstop service.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Fares not available to/from Albany, New York.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
Additionally, Southwest is generally fee-free, but if you want to be the one of the first to board, you can always opt for Early Bird check-in.
(READ MORE: Is Southwest Early Bird check-in worth it?)
The other thing to do (as Dan has pointed out before) with these Southwest fare sales is to check your existing bookings. Because of Southwest’s amazing cancellation policy, there is no penalty for changing your flight if the price goes down.
(SEE ALSO: Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight!)
Were you able to book (or re-book!) any Southwest flights with this fare sale? Let us know in the comments!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them