Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The flash sale from US airports to Central Europe from last week has returned and expanded! There are too many options to list here; search for these prices from your local airport. The destination airports are Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, and Vienna. Dozens of U.S. airports are showing prices from $289 – $350, which is an absolute steal from tiny airports on trans-Atlantic flights. Even better: these prices are generally good from September through next March, including Thanksgiving. For ~ $80 – $100 more, you can travel during Oktoberfest of this year, or April and May of next. Unfortunately, Christmas and New Year are not included.
These are slightly tricky to find, as Google Flights seems to revolt against showing you these prices when using map view. Either search directly from your city to your chosen destination and play with departure dates, or use SkyScanner and search calendar months for best prices. Either should give you the deals.
These are American Airlines and Oneworld partner basic economy deals; that includes a carry-on bag and meals. Main cabin (seat selection and a checked bag) is generally available for $160 more round trip. These fares dried up very quickly last week, so book now if these flights work for you. Under U.S.regulations you generally have 24 hours to cancel these fares if you need to change your plans.
- Departure: Albuquerque
- Stops: Dallas, London
- Arrival: Vienna
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- September 2019 through May 2020
- 5-day stay required, but best availability for 7-day stays
Where to Stay in Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, and Vienna
- Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Center
- Hilton Berlin
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City – Hauptbahnhof
- Frankfurt Marriott Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Munich City Center West
- Courtyard Marriott Munich City Center
- Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront
- Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna Hotel
Things to Do in Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, and Vienna
- Reichstag Building in Berlin
- Memorial of the Berlin Wall
- BMW Museum
- English Garden
- Schloss Nymphenburg Museum
- Frankfurt Romer City Hall
- Frankfurt Christmas Market
- Cathedral of St. Bartholomew in Frankfurt
- Schonnbrunn Palace in Vienna
- Vienna’s National Opera House
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them