If you’ve been considering a trip to Barcelona, now’s a good time to book your flights. Both American and United Airlines (and their respective alliance partners) are hosting sales to Spain, with plenty of options for departure cities and times.
(SEE ALSO: 7 Things to See in Barcelona with the Barcelona Pass)
The following prices are generally available January through May, with a few select dates in November and early December.
- New York (JFK): $237 (AA) Nov, Dec; $287 Jan-May
- Boston: $254 (AA/Iberia)
- Miami: $311 (UA/TAP Portugal)
- Chicago: $323 (UA)
- Los Angeles: $343 (UA, AA, and Delta matching here)
- San Jose, CA: $348 (AA)
- Oakland: $373 AA
Those are good prices for winter and spring travel. But summer dates are available too. Lowest prices tend to be mid-August…
- New York (JFK): $329 (AA/British Airways)
- Chicago: $369 (AA)
- Miami: $389 (BA)
- Oakland: $398 (AA)
- Los Angeles: $414 (AA)
…but July has good options too.
- New York (JFK): $386 (Lufthansa, Swiss 9-days, $407 7-days), $395 (BA)
- Boston: $491 (Iberia)
And Boston has a spotty $386 fare in June on very select dates.
These are basic economy prices, which will get you a carry-on bag and meals but not seat choice. Buying up to main cabin economy seems to be consistently pricing at $140 round trip, keeping most of these in the bargain range even in summer. But if you’re planning a bucket list trip to Barcelona, book sooner rather than later. These prices won’t be around forever.
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search Google Flights for departure and destination. Most of these book directly through airlines but OTA (Expedia, Orbitz, etc.) pricing is the same or similar in some cases.
- November 2019 through August 2020
- Minimum stay varies
Where to Stay in Barcelona
Things to Do in Barcelona
Good luck and happy flying!
(SEE ALSO: All new – Chase Iberia Plus Credit Card)
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them