American Express announced Monday its most recent partner addition – Aer Lingus! The Membership Rewards Aer Lingus partnership is slated to go live later this month, adding to their current roster of 16 airline transfer partners.
From American Express:
American Express and Aer Lingus, Ireland’s only four star airline, announced that Card Members enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program can soon transfer Membership Rewards® points to Avios with AerClub, the loyalty program of Aer Lingus, at a 1:1 ratio*….The capability is rolling out in the U.S. at the end of this month (August 2018) and expanding in the U.K later in the year.
Aer Lingus seems like a natural partner for American Express, since Membership Rewards are already transferable to British Airways and Iberia, the other Avios airlines. The Membership Rewards Aer Lingus addition is the newest partnership since AmEx added Etihad Guest in 2016.
Current Membership Rewards Airline Transfer Partners
Aer Lingus will be the newest member to the team! Here’s the rest of the lineup:
- AeroMexico Club Premier 1,000:1,600
- Air Canada 1,000:1,000
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue 1,000:1,000
- Alitalia Millemiglia 1,000:1,000
- ANA Mileage Club 1,000:1,000
- Asia Miles 1,000:1,000
- British Airways Executive Club 1,000:1,000
- Delta SkyMiles 1,000:1,000
- El Al Isreal Airlines Matmid Points 1,000:20
- Emirates Skywards 1,000:1,000
- Etihad Guest Miles 1,000:1,000
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles 1,000:1,000
- Iberia Plus Avios 1,000:1,000
- JetBlue TrueBlue 250:200 (Increased offer for a limited time!)
- Singapore KrisFlyer Miles 1,000:1,000
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club 1,000:1,000 (Increased to 1,000:1,300 until September 12th!)
What do you guys think, is this a good addition to the Membership Rewards program?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them