Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
American Express announced Monday its most recent partner addition – Aer Lingus! The Membership Rewards Aer Lingus partnership is slated to go live later this month, adding to their current roster of 16 airline transfer partners.
From American Express:
American Express and Aer Lingus, Ireland’s only four star airline, announced that Card Members enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program can soon transfer Membership Rewards® points to Avios with AerClub, the loyalty program of Aer Lingus, at a 1:1 ratio*….The capability is rolling out in the U.S. at the end of this month (August 2018) and expanding in the U.K later in the year.
Aer Lingus seems like a natural partner for American Express, since Membership Rewards are already transferable to British Airways and Iberia, the other Avios airlines. The Membership Rewards Aer Lingus addition is the newest partnership since AmEx added Etihad Guest in 2016.
Current Membership Rewards Airline Transfer Partners
Aer Lingus will be the newest member to the team! Here’s the rest of the lineup:
- AeroMexico Club Premier 1,000:1,600
- Air Canada 1,000:1,000
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue 1,000:1,000
- Alitalia Millemiglia 1,000:1,000
- ANA Mileage Club 1,000:1,000
- Asia Miles 1,000:1,000
- British Airways Executive Club 1,000:1,000
- Delta SkyMiles 1,000:1,000
- El Al Isreal Airlines Matmid Points 1,000:20
- Emirates Skywards 1,000:1,000
- Etihad Guest Miles 1,000:1,000
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles 1,000:1,000
- Iberia Plus Avios 1,000:1,000
- JetBlue TrueBlue 250:200 (Increased offer for a limited time!)
- Singapore KrisFlyer Miles 1,000:1,000
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club 1,000:1,000 (Increased to 1,000:1,300 until September 12th!)
What do you guys think, is this a good addition to the Membership Rewards program?