Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Best Western is updating their logo and opening some boutique hotels. Best Western was one of the chains we did not stay at during our recent summer trip when we stayed 9 nights at 8 hotels in 5 different chains
- Customer service shouldn’t really be this hard, asks Ed from Pizza in Motion, detailing a nightmarish encounter with the CLEAR service and trying to get through airport security – I have to say I agree with him!
- You’ve probably heard that Amtrak has announced its Amtrak Guest Rewards 2.0 “devaluation” (it’s not good news), and we found out that Bank of America is going to be the new issuer of the Amtrak card. Travel is Free gives the real details on the new Amtrak card
- I enjoyed this article from Travel Babbo about the truth about family travel, including the TWO times he’s lost his daughter in a foreign country! I felt bad when I couldn’t find my daughter at the ZOO! 🙂
- Point me to the Plane shares how a schedule change on Delta hooked him up with the perfect flights from the US to Australia. I had a similarly good experience in getting 16 hours in Rome (for FREE!)
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: 150,000 bonus mile analysis, the worst decisions on a cruise, and annoying airplane habits
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them