I’ve been on vacation for the last week or so, but I’m back now, and so it’s time to catch up on the most recent posts from PWaC.
- How I spent 350,401 miles and points, which is approximately what we spent on our recent vacation trip
- One of the tricks that we used for the trip is using Autoslash to save a ton on rental car costs. It cut our rental car costs by about 25%, to a total of $113 out the door for a week! When we picked up our car, the lady at the front desk said “You got a really great deal on this – I’ve been renting these cars for $100 A DAY!”
- Checking historical Amtrak delays – while trying to figure out if I would miss my connecting train. In a bit of foreshadowing, I will let you know that it did NOT turn out well for me…
- 4 laundry hacks for when you’re on the road – how do you keep all your clothes clean?
- One thing that we ran into while on the road were fights (or maybe discussions) over the hotel breakfast TV remote
- Do you take hotel toiletries, pens or other items? (I do)
- We made a trip out to Belle Fourche, South Dakota, to the Geographic Center of the United States. Little did we know when we got there that it wasn’t the REAL geographic center of the United States!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them