Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is news and notes from around the travel world – a sampling of some of the recent articles and posts that I found most interesting:
- I had an interesting read of Gary Leff (from View from the Wing) sharing his experience as an expert witness in a lawsuit involving business frequent flyer accounts, and who actually is entitled to those benefits
- Interested in the miles required to go from any country to any other country on any airline? Check out the new app Mile Matrix (shameless self-promotion!!)
- Don’t Call the Airline shared an experience of trying to get around the minimum stay requirements at certain IHG hotels.
- Loyalty Traveler shows the change in award categories for Hyatt hotels on a year-by-year basis from 2009-2015
- View from the Wing reports on how mistake fares are handled when the US Department of Transportation is NOT involved.
- The Wandering Aramean lets us know that Routehappy data (wi-fi, entertainment details, etc) is now included in Google Flights results.
- Running With Miles shares how to upgrade an Amex card to the Hilton Surpass for an additional 50,000 Hilton points, even if you already have the Surpass card!