Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Surprise trips have been on my mind lately. I have a surprise getaway that I’ve been planning that I’ll be writing about shortly, but I wanted to share the trip report that Ben / Lucky from the One Mile at a Time blog took with his dad. His dad was having a “round” birthday and Ben surprised him with a trip around the world, which he chronicled in a series of blog posts.
I know that Points With a Crew has a fraction of the following of the One Mile at a Time blog, but in case you missed some of the report, here are the links to some of the trip reports. My favorite part was when someone asked Lucky if he was worried that his Dad might somehow read the blog. His response was something to the effect of that his Dad didn’t even own a computer 😀
- AND WE’RE OFF! Dad’s Surprise Round The World Birthday Trip Is Underway
- The Best Emirates Flight? Ever?
- Thanks Emirates For Leaving My Dad Speechless (Again)!
- My Dad Guesses Our Next Destination!
- Dad Finds Out Our Next Destination
- Singing Happy Birthday On An Airplane!
- Park Hyatt Sydney — Wow, Wow, Wow!
- Censored: The Picture Dad Doesn’t Want You To See
- Qantas A380 First Class Sydney To Los Angeles
YouTube video diaries
One of my favorite parts of the trip reports was Ben’s video diaries with his dad, which he posted on YouTube. Here are some of them
I really thought the whole setup was just very well done, and a great read. If you missed any of the trip installments, I hope that you enjoyed it!